Monday, March 22, 2010

Let's Go Fly a Kite!

This Spring we/I decided that instead of feeling frustrated about the long Winter and lack of Spring, I was going to count every good weather day as Spring and see how many we actually get. I am expecting snow in between, but I just gotta. I guess Spring officially started on the 20th, but I'd already started counting. I don't expect summer weather, just springlike weather. Saturday was number 10. Can you believe that we have already had 10 good days?

Now as you know Olivia is potty trained. Lately, she's has had a few setbacks and I don't want to go back, so we started counting rocks again. Natalie wanted to work on a few things also, so they both started getting rocks. When their jars were full, we went back the dollar store/Walmart and bought them each a $1.00 kite. They actually worked great and we got a day worth of activities.
  





















 Lazy man's kite flying
 

 

3 comments:

Amberly said...

Springtime is the best time!

Jenny said...

Wow, 10 days is great...especially since spring only officially started yesterday. Love flying a kite; looks fun.

Rachel said...

That's a good idea to count the spring days with the snow in between. That is just how it has to be. I love flying kites.