Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Favorite Book Character Day

It was Spirit Week at White Pine last week. It was actually a good week to do it, when the kids are worthless because it's almost spring break. Well my kids have always complained about how the Spirit Week at White Pine was pretty boring, but I thought this one was a good one.
Anna is a spy from Gilda Joyce. Kyle is the cyclops from the Percy Jackson series.
Natalie was a ballerina and called me at about 10:00am to beg for normal clothes. I think she was embarrassed to be in such a frilly outfit. She is all about being cute and not pretty.
Kristen's teacher asked the whole class to dress up like Vikings because they are reading a book about it. I didn't help the kids with choosing their costumes. I was actually gone the night before, and when I did get home I saw some paper horns in the garbage. I felt bad thinking Kristen tried to make a costume by herself and failed. I was pleasantly surprised to find her in this cute costume. The last person on the earth that I would have expected to help her did. Her biggest teaser, Kyle. Sometimes big brothers do come through.

2 comments:

Amberly said...

They look good! I think that was a really fun day. Whitney was Fancy Nancy, but I didn't take a picture...

Jessie said...

I love the costumes! Spirit Weeks are so fun!