Saturday, October 31, 2015
I know she nailed it! Haha. The good ones got eaten.
Nat and her friend decided to wear animal footy pajamas instead of their princess costumes for trick or treating for warmth.
Nat asked me to paint a rabbit face. Olivia wore her same Little Red Riding Hood costume.
This is all the regular stuff, so why am I feeling so excited. All I'm doing is giving candy and seeing all the darling kids in the neighborhood come with their cute costumes and I want to give them anything they want. I have to take Kristen to a friends and I'm almost panicking that I will miss someone. It's so silly.
So now my kids are downstairs sorting their candy and I am loving this fun night.
Sometimes people think that Halloween is all about having the best costume or getting tons of candy, but here are a few things that I love that just happen to be connected to Halloween.
1. It's a time to look forward to something. Kids think about what they will be and how fun it will be to wear that costume. Then parents buy or create that costume, using their talents and do something with their children.
2. You plan a night with your family carving pumpkins, eating pumpkin seeds and enjoying each others company. Each kid picks what pattern is most like them.
3. On the night of Halloween, magic fills the air as pumpkins are lit and neighbors hold their kids back until it is time.
4. The neighborhood comes together going door to door.
5. I love seeing what each kid has chosen and see their parents making a memory with their kids.
For my kids their memories of Halloween are full of fun. Can you see why I get a little thrill on the night of Halloween.