Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Olympics Party

 
 When Jeff got home from work last night, he had an idea. Now when Jeff has an idea, you know it's gonna be fun. He decided to have a Olympics Party for Family Night. So we ran to the store and got a bunch of red, white, and blue food, like a flag of jigglers, tropical punch popcorn, marshmellows, chips and dip, and strawberry juice. After our lesson on Free Agency, we set up a bunch of blankets on the floor in our room and the games began. Actually we just watched the Olympics and stuffed our faces and guessed who would win. Jeff made necklaces with candy hanging on them for the kids if USA won anything. So, if they got gold then we each got a gold treasure hanging on a string. If they got silver then we got a York Peppermint Patty hanging on a necklace of yarn. For the bronze we got a vanilla Oreo. Then for each event we could guess who would win. If our team won then we would get a hundred grand. Sadly we all got our York Peppermint Patties this morning, because the Americans won Silver in Ice Dancing, and it was pretty late. Kyle did guess the Canadians for the gold. It was fun, but I'm wishing I had Tevo for the commercials. Since we only won one medal, we are continuing this game through the week. 

7 comments:

Amberly said...

How fun! I love it!!

Rachel said...

What a great idea! We've been really into the Olympics too. I want to do that with my family!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I love the necklace idea.

Kim said...

What a fun idea! Go Team USA!

Wammack Family said...

You guys are such a fun family!

Julie said...

Thanks for making our party look boring! Just kidding. Looks so fun!

The Freed Family said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again....I want to be one of your kids!! :)