Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Honor Roll

"My child is an honor student," is stuck on many a bumper. I never even thought about it, except I don't want any bumper sticker on my bumper. Well, last semester when Kyle was on academic probation in one of his classes, which is a C-. I thought I better talk to that teacher. When I talked to her she mentioned that he'd missed a few assignments, etc. So we got them in. Then I mentioned to my son, who does not like school, that he'd better get his grades up, if he's really planning on being a millionaire, which he is. Next semester he was on the honor roll. How did that happen? Some kids just need a kick in the pants, or he didn't realize how a few assignments make a big difference, or he actually tried, or that we talked to the teacher and she seemed willing to help if you show some effort. Being an honor student requires a 3.75 at a minimum, which is exactly what Kyle got. So, this semester I tried to push a little harder and told Kyle to go for all A's. He said, "OK. " and we'll see how it goes. Aren't kids funny, I really thought that was as good as it gets for Kyle and he surprised me.

Annalisa on the other hand is trying for A's and was also on the honor roll. So we went to a little award ceremony and I took a picure of their certiticates.

No comments: