Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Weekend

This week has been sooooo fun! If you have read my blog, you know how crazy I am about Valentine's Day. Luckily my husband understands and goes along with it. Thursday some roses were delivered by my favorite secret admirer.


Thursday night Natalie requested a Valentine's hairdo. I was shocked and jumped right on it by calling my hair expert/friend/neighbor, Amberly and got a few ideas. Natalie and Olivia were willing.

 Half of our family was in Salt Lake at a volleyball tournament or at cousins playing Friday night and Saturday. The other half stayed home and luckily had parties to attend. Natalie went to a Birthday cooking party in which she received this apron and hat that she has not parted with since.
Because the kids were looking for any excuse to make it a party, Kate, Kris and Anna decided at 9:30pm to do a spa night. Kate was the artist and photographer.


 
 On Valentines Day we tried to rustle up some pink and red clothes for Church. We left some treats for our favorite Bishop. Then we planned a dinner with Jeff's parents. It was delicious because we got it at Papa Murphy's the day before. We exchanged Valentines, ate and then revealed who our secret Pals were. We drew names on the first of Feb. Every year most everyone reveals who they have, accidentally. But after all these years only one person guessed it right. It takes a while to get the hang of things around hear. Anna did surprise Jeff and I with our own heart box of chocolates.
Monday was a relaxing lazy day, so I forced a few haircuts. I really wish someone would invent some shears that you could just program the cut and have it done in 2 minutes. Alas, Kyle's worst thing occurred. Did you know that Kyle is an actor?
 So the best, most fun thing to me is the date night for Jeff and I for Valentines Day. We celebrated it  on Monday night for Family Night. I prepare or buy the meal and the kids set up the room, which was in our bedroom this year and they served the meal. I requested entertainment during the meal and this is what we got. Katelyn surprised us with a video of Jeff and I and our kids, to "The Best Day" by Taylor Swift that was written for her parents. It was beautiful and made me cry. It's in the background of this picture. It is her entertainment. 
Then Kristen sang "Can you Feel the Love Tonight," with Pumba and Timone. Don't you love the makeshift music holder? 
 Surprise, surprise, Nat and Olivia did an Apron dance to "Ain't We Got Fun."
 For some strange reason Kyle was not prepared and thought he would get out of it. I suggested "What a Wonderful World." Which is a song he learned in kindergarten. I didn't really think he'd do it, but to our pleasant surprise he did a very shortened lounge singer version. It was funny.
 Then Anna ended it with "A Lovers Waltz" on the violin.

Having big girls is so nice because I asked Kate if they could put the kids to bed so we could continue our date at home and she and Anna not only put them to bed but cleaned the whole upstairs. It was such a sweet gift.

7 comments:

Anderton Family said...

That looks like so much fun! I love how your kids served the food and provided the entertainment. What a fun way to celebrate Valentines Day. I saw the Bell's daughter on Sunday with her hair like that and wish I would have seen it earlier so I could have done it on Courtney's hair. I will have to remember that for next year.

Abe n Linz said...

Wow, Valentine's day is like Christmas at your house! I love all of the entertainment :)

Amberly said...

I love how the heart hair turned out. What a fun Valentine's weekend!!

The Freed Family said...

Wow....that sounds nice. I can't wait for older kids! :)

Karen and Scott said...

You have such a creative family!! We want to be just like you guys when we grow up! :-)

Jenny said...

W.O.W. Looks like our V-day was the same...Phil stayed home with puking kids, I chaperoned a youth dance and did meetings on Sun, by Monday all three kids were sick. Yep, pretty much the same.

Unknown said...

Your kids are AWESOME! That is so fun that they did all of that. I love Valentine's Day too and that is so cool that you guys have so much fun with the holiday as a family.