Wednesday, May 27, 2015

I Want to Be a Scientist

At Olivia's kindergarten graduation in  May of 2012 we learned what she wanted to be when she grew up. 

She and another kid decided that they wanted to be scientists.  I'm not sure where she got that idea, but it was cute and creative.  Things can change from age 5 to age 20 right? 





Three of her friends and 6 total wanted to be veterinarians.  There were teachers, doctors, cowboys, mothers, soldiers, chefs, etc.
They had a great program singing together dressed as their future selves.
I guess that you can graduate as long as you know what you are going to be. 
Congratulations Olivia, you did it
I had completely forgotten that she wanted to be a scientist, then the other day in May 2015 she said ,"Mom I want to be a scientist," while she is carrying this cup full of fizzy, blue something.  I said,"What's in it?" She replied, "It has syrup, water, salt, dish soap, baking soda, food coloring and vinegar." Then I asked, "So what does it do? " Does a scientist have to have purpose other than mixing concoctions?  She hadn't thought of that.  Let's see, "So there is a fluffy part of it that you play with. The other part makes a dye." Scientists are quick thinkers. "Oh ok."
Maybe she will be a scientist after all.

No comments: