Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Growing Up!

When Jeff and I first got first met at BYU, I had served a mission and was about ready to graduate with my Bachelors majoring in Elementary Education.  I had done a lot in those few, short years.  When you are living your life it doesn't  seem that crazy, it's your life.  But, when I  think about how slow time went when I was between 12-16 and how boring my life was,  then all of a sudden I graduated from high school and anything could have happened.  Life could change drastically any minute, which is kind of how the rest of life gets to be.  That also becomes the norm.  I got married June 19th 1991 and now this June will be 24 years.  So I guess I shouldn't be surprised that in 2 weeks two nephews could graduate from BYU and a week later A neice and a nephew would get married two days apart.  Even Katelyn going on a mission was a big change.  When kids leave home everyone says, "It will never be the same." Meaning your family will change forever.  Although this is true, it doesn't necessarily have to be bad.  Change is how we grow.  I do love how Kate has grown and how Anna got to be the oldest.  I like it how Anna was brave and went off to College and how Kyle took his place as the oldest.  Then they are all home again and it's great.  We haven't had anything too big, but we are getting ready for the roller coaster ride.  I can't believe I am here and I'm nervous and excited for what comes next. 
Amanda, my sister Susie's daughter got  married to Ben Whitchurch.  She met him in Salt Lake City or there abouts and they are starting their life together.
Abigail just came home from a mission to Carlsbad, California and is now going to BYUI
Here's the rest of the gang.  Amy on the far right has three kids of her own.  Trevor on top just graduated from BYU.  Polly is still at the Y and the little girls aren't so little anymore.  Gwen will be a Senior next year and Blair I guess is still little, but a young woman.
Here's how they used to look. Left to right. Top:Polly, Paul, Susie  Bottom: Abigail, Amy, Amanda and Trevor. 
It was a lovely day.  Then two days later, Tyler, my sister Melinda's son got married to Maddie MCconnell.  Tyler was presented with a kilt from the MCconnell clan and was welcomed into the family.

Here's Tyler and his sisters and brothers and his soon to be wife Maddie.Left to right:  Rachel, Tess, Tyler, Maddie, Erin, Matt, Katherine, Jed, and Ashley, who also got married last year on the same day.
 
This is how they used to look.  Left to right:  Ashley, Katherine, Tyler, Rachel and Tess.  Me in the back expecting Katelyn.

Outside of Brigham City Temple Mary, Melinda and Megan

This is how we used to look pictured below left to right: Mary, Laurie and Melinda. To the right is Mary, Laurie, Susie and Megan.

This last picture is me after my mission and Megan in high school I think.



No comments: