Saturday, September 3, 2011

Lady With The Green Glove

It was Katelyn's last day of work at Sunnyside Gardens and her crazy cousin happened to be in town. That crazy cousin is me, Kathryn. Anyway, Kate and I cooked a scheme where I would stop by her work and ask a lot of weird questions that would freak out her co-workers and other customers. Katelyn headed to work and I worked on my part of the plan. I decided to go big, so instead of just a weird customer, I became the crazy lady with the green glove. I dressed up in a ridiculous outfit and headed over with some undercover agents (Anna, Kristen, and Erin). When we got there, I walked inside and immediately heads turned. Katelyn was shaking her head and laughing in what I hope was embarrassment. I browsed the bird feeders and took one up to the register. There, I asked Katelyn why it was a "Funky Bird Feeder" and why they didn't have any normal bird feeders. All I wanted was a normal bird feeder. The other cashier was in shock and the customers were wondering why in the world I had one green glove on. Katelyn and I proceeded to look at the garden gnomes, the only problem was there was no singing or dancing gnomes. We went and looked at the fertilizers. There, I told the story of how my cat died because there was too much nitrogen in the fertilizer. People were really wondering what was wrong with me and Katelyn and I could barely contain our laughter. We looked at the trees that were too shady then Katelyn took the gnome back inside. I went back in to get a bigger gnome, but Katelyn had already told the other cashier by then who I was. I needed one more prank before I left, so I proclaimed her a failure as I left the store and went to find an oblivious co-worker. I saw a young man and asked if he could help me get my toy cat out of a tightly closed canister in my purse. He said he would. I told him I would have opened it, but I had to keep my glove on. It was my tribute to Michael Jackson. He said he would need a screwdriver to which I responded, "Why, can't you do it yourself?" He got it open, by himself (see I'm inspiring others to be their best selves) and I took my little cat out and went to the car. It was a very successful prank if I do say so myself, not only on Sunnyside Gardens, but Katelyn too, but she asked for it and I gave it too her in the most over the top way possible. And yes, this really is the outfit I wore the the store, in public.

No comments: