Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Duct Tape Boat


A few years ago I had a friend tell me about how her stake does duct tape boat races at Camp Cumorah.  I couldn't really wrap my brain around it because I was picturing a cardboard boat covered with duct tape.  Then she explained how you get these old boxes from this local company and that they are 3 card boards thick.  Then you cut them with hack saws and assemble them using duct tape.  Well, we got some boxes given to us for our stake to use this year at girls camp.  We ended up with a few extra. So, after about 6 rolls of tape and a few days of preparation it was ready to sail in our ditch/canal.  Now just for the record I already realize that I let my kids do stuff like float in the canal that other parents wouldn't.  So, we waited until a super hot day when no kids were out, just so we wouldn't be too bad of an influence. 

 The Maiden Voyage
 Should we get in?
Wow I can't believe this really works!
 Confidence!
 Cocky!
 We actually took two long trips down the river(ditch/canal) before it started to fall apart.
 Goodbye Duct Tape boat, you entertained us for many hours.

No comments: