Friday, May 20, 2011

Green

St. Patrick's Day is always a help in getting through the long winter months.  I enjoy St. Patricks day, but there are some people who love it. I mean really love it.  My sister Heidi Jo loves it.  My niece Tess and my daughter Kristen all love it.  Kristen actually buys green items and accessories with her own money in anticipation of this holiday.  Even Natalie's stuff belongs to Kristen.  Why, do you ask..  The only thing that I can think of is all of these people have green eyes and call green one of their favorite colors.  I personally think that many of them enjoy when they don't wear green on St. Patrick's Day and can say, " I have green on because my eyes are green."  Or when people say, " Are your eyes green?"  They can shyly say, "Yes."  but secretly feel like they have the coolest eyes on the planet.  Now you know that I'm teasing, but if any of this is true of your green eyed friends or relatives,  I'd like to know. I'm pretty sure that my green eyed husband did some of this, and I have to admit that his eyes are pretty cool. 


1 comment:

Jessie said...

I'm one of those St. Paddy's Day lovers! I don't really know why, I just know I love it! And ironically my eyes are green...never made that connection before, and I even bought green eyeliner to celebrate this year! It's a fun holiday with an excuse for crazy curls and dressing up!