Wednesday, August 18, 2010

San Diego


I have to admit that this trip was pure luxury.  Every year Jeff has to go to a training in some city far away from home.  I've only been on one in the past.  Wives are invited, but you have to pay for your own plane ticket.  Even though I am from California, I don't ever remember going to San Diego.  So this is how it went. It was Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  Jeff went to training in the day, met me for breaks and lunch.  Then the evenings were free and Saturday was only morning training.  The Orullians were our companions on the trip and they were great.
Every night Coronado Island would have fireworks.  So one night while we were in the hot tub we got a show.  The last night we saw the fireworks while eating in an outside restaurant on the bay.
 
Our hotel had two towers.  This is between them.
 And a shot of the city.  We were right on the bay if you look the other direction.
 
At about 10:00pm we were in the mood for ice cream.  So we got directions to Ghiradelli Icecream and headed downtown on foot.  The city seemed pretty tame, until we got near the Ice Cream place and there were more and more single people dressed to kill.  The ice cream place was right across the street from two night clubs.  I felt like I was in a movie with all the people.  Needless to say we went home the other way.  

 Friday night we had a dinner and volleyball on the beach with the Utah and Idaho financial advisers and wives. I have always dreamed of playing volleyball on the beach.  We actually ran into a young adult church group having an activity on this beach. 
All of the wholesalers set up booths and gave away free gadgets to get your attention.  So, this was one of the attractions.  Look at the likeness.  You've really got to be Ok with yourself because they never turn out pretty.
 
The last day we went to Coronado Island with Jamie and Janet.
This is our only picture of Janet, it's her foot in the 
San Diego sign.  She had the camera and ours wasn't really working.  Janet and I ate at the hotel restaurant every morning and got Belgian Waffles and omelets prepared right before our eyes every morning.  The boys were pretty jealous.

 We rode a boat there and it was so beautiful with flowers every where. 

Hotel Coronado
 After sitting on the chaise lounges, to take our shoes off we were informed that you rented them by the hour.
 



We had to take a picture of this little nook because we want to find it again.  It hid a delicious Mexican restaurant with creamy white cheese salsa that we cannot duplicate.
 this is outside our hotel on the bay where we ate and bought shells from other beaches.
Sad to say, but besides being with my cute husband and with friends my favorite part of this trip was not having to clean my hotel room.  These rooms were nicer than we would ever get as a family and they were chosen for us.  Going out to eat was pretty dreamy too.  I can't wait to do it again.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

LOVE! Phil and I went on a business trip to San Diego while I was pregnant with Elliotte; we had a great time. I'm actually looking forward to the time when I can always come along.