Friday, June 11, 2010

Manti in June

In June, school was out and we were ready for some fun. So, Kate, Annalisa, Kristen and I decided to go on a trip to Utah. Whenever we go to Utah, we have to visit our cousins the McDonalds, even if it's for one day. Many times when we have visited, Uncle Scott will have what we call a "concert." He has an incredible voice and has performed a lot of his life, so with the colored strobe lights and the high tech equipment, he'll perform and we'll perform and it always feels like a party. Lisa Aiden and Austen are in the first picture.  In the second picture is Uncle Scott, Andrew in back. Kristen, Aiden, Amber, Kate, Olivia and Anna in front.
Next we went to Manti. My parents have lived in California from 1969 until last year when they moved to Manti. Even though they still have a house in CA, they also have a small home in Manti. Under Doctors recommendation, my Dad needed a new climate, with him getting pnemonia every year in CA. His health has been much better. Who can blame him with fishing everyday in the summer and art classes in the winter, working at the temple and the small town atmosphere. My mom has a great job in the school district that she loves. She just can't get away from kids. It is her talent.
Where ever my Dad lives there will always be a chicken coop. He has loved chickens as long as I can remember. Kristen enjoyed picking eggs. Grandma always has dolls for the little girls to play with.
This house was built in 1900. It was not built by another family, but my Grandpa Miller bought it and then my Dad bought it from Grandpa. I remember coming here as a child and playing in this back yard and sleeping in the attic at night. Some of my kids slept in the attic. It hasn't changed at all.         We took a trip to the local library. Grandma made cupcakes with the girls.  It was fun how snuggly Livvy was with Grandma and Grandpa. She kept telling me how when Grandma was in high school she loved the color lime green. Olivia also noticed by the decor that Grandma likes pink. Then Grandpa took us up the canyon to the lake. It's five miles from his house. Pretty dreamy.
We had a very relaxing trip and on the way home had a breakfast with the BYU cousins, visited Heidi Jo and Brandon, we saw Tess and her new baby. Then we spent the night at my friend MaryKay's because her son came home from his mission and stayed for his report. Then we stopped at the Christensen's to bring the cousins to our house for the week. It was a blast.








 





 









 






 

 









 

3 comments:

The Freed Family said...

I didn't know your parents had moved. Now they are a little closer! :) Looks like a fun trip.

Amberly said...

How fun! I love that picture of you Mary. I love love love the pictures of your girls!

Kim said...

My sister Rachel now lives in Manti so next time you visit, be sure to get a hold of her!