Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Setting the Story book Straight

  
This year for our Drama Club Musical, Heather Rhinehart wrote Setting the Story Book Straight which is the real story of Red Riding Hood, Goldilocks, Big Brad Wolf, Three Little Pigs andthe Pig's Mom, Grandma, the Three Bears  and how they all cross paths in the woods. Nancy Jenkins and I wrote the music and we had a blast. Mom's volunteer all the time for Drama Club. Last year my friend Tish who also does the scenery, wrote a grant to get cordless microphone headsets for our sound system. We were awarded the money and bought them. We had to figure out all the tricks and had some student techs to help. Annalisa was one of them. I also worked with Tara, Paula and Suzanne. We do Drama Club once a week for one hour. Then on the day we perform the kids get out of class all day. This year we performed at Tiebreaker as well as at our school. Since we double cast some parts we have two performances in the day at the school and two at night. Then we have a cast party a week later where we all bring treats and pig out. This year my friend Kami helped with choreography and Kim took these awesome pics. Kyle played, Big Brad Wolf.  He even sang a hip hop song called, "Misunderstood." It may be the end of his Drama Career, but he sure did a good job. He told me that his main reasons for being in Drama Club was the Cast Party, Getting out of school and that I'd probably make him. The kids did great and we had so much fun.

 





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am impressed with you and all of your talented friends. I loved Kyle's reasons for being in drama club...funny!

Jenny said...

I would love to see one of your productions...do you ever make vidoes of them? So much fun!

Jeanna said...

Looks like so much fun! You have such remarkable talents.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I'm with Kyle - pass the treats and let me out of school!

Sarah Katherine said...

Adorable! I love the costumes.