Monday, May 17, 2010

The End of Volleyball Season



So here is Katelyn's team. She traveled with them last year and had a great season. They are Freshman and play in a 16's pool. Their coach Kelly has been awesome and Brandi as well. Katelyn has really improved just from school play last fall. So, I thought I better include a few of her specialties.







 When she first started she was great at passing. She used to joke that she'd get the award as the "Best Bumper."  

 In the fall she played middle and really dominated on the net. I think blocking is her favorite thing to do. Look at her opponent. She's really scared. I would be too. 
 
 Then on this club team she plays a 6-2 which means that they have 2 setters. So when she's on the back row she sets for the front. Then when she's on the front row, she gets to play middle and block and hit. 
She also has a great serve that she is in the process of changing.
I can't believe that I got this spike. She is #12, and it was awesome. So they played well on their last tournament and now she gets to relax, and oh, is she ready. Now if we can finish Driver's Ed. Only five more days.




2 comments:

Jenny said...

She's amazing...must come from good genes! Wish I could watch her play.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

DRIVER'S ED??? ARE YOU KIDDING???