Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy Bithday to You!

Happy Birthday Kate! Yes our little 5'9" girl is now 15. When I was pregnant with Katelyn, I was teaching first grade at Hannah Holbrook in Bountiful. The pregnancy went pretty fast as I spent my first trimester teaching as well. People would comment on how green I looked and I felt it. Katelyn was due on the 23rd of November. On the 30th of November I was sitting at home talking to my sister Laurie, who had just had a baby. I told her that I was feeling like I had very mild cramps here and there. She informed me that I was in labor. I was like, " Are you sure?" as if she wouldn't know. I just expected it to be more sharp pains, like in the movies. Little did I know the sharp pains were for later. Jeff was on his way to study for a test on campus. I was a little worried that he was leaving, but the mild cramps were almost not worth mentioning. I finally had someone go find him in the Manwaring Center about 3 1/2 hours later. This was before everyone had cell phones. As soon as he got home we went to the hospital at 10:10 pm. I was in labor all night with cramps in between my labor pains. Needless to say I didn't sleep. At 8:10 am December 1st Katelyn was born weighing 10 lbs. and 5 oz. and 21 inches long. Everyone that we talked to except 2 thought we were having a boy, so we didn't even have a girls name. We had to think a little to come up with the one name that we liked at the time. I always wanted a Katie, so we made it Katelyn, so she would have options. We call her all three, Kate, Katie and Katelyn. Since she was born in December we got to use another favorite name Noel. Even as a baby she was full of personality, very striking with her white blond hair and bright eyes. Besides the colic and constant spitting up in her first 3 months, she has been a complete joy. She is an excellent example and is such a good girl. We love her personality and feel blessed by her presence, except when she talks about cell phones. ha. Happy Birthday Sweet Katelyn Noel!

4 comments:

The Freed Family said...

Wow--you were overdue! She is such a great girl. I wish I could have some of her height. :)

Jenny said...

Crazy that sweet little Katelyn is now 15...I kind of freaked out as I was filling out my calendar and realized that she will turn 16 in 2010!!!! She is a delightful, wonderful addition to our family.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

My heart just broke into 15 pieces. 15. Oh, Kate!!!

wampumqueen said...

I can't believe she is 15 either. But I remember going out to lunch with you and Katie when she was a chubby 3 month old and Adam was almost one. 2 cranky kids and 2 unhappy moms. So glad they grow out of it.