Monday, June 1, 2009

Girl's Night In

Friday night The boys including Grandad went on the Father and son campout. Now that my kids are mostly older the time has come to start our own tradition of a Girl's night in. The girls meaning 5 kids, me and Jeff''s Mom. I know this sounds weird, but I was kind of nervous because I wanted it to be a hit and I'm not really into fingernail polish or hair as you all know. I do plenty of hair without any excuses.

Each kid chose their favorite party food and I added dips, salsa and frappe. Jeff''s mom contributed the rest and we had quite the spread.
The big girls rearranged my bedroom with the bed in the corner 3 more comfy chairs and a mini couch in front of the bed. My room is the favorite for movies and has the TV gaurdian. We also had the food in my room. It wasn't a bedroom anymore. We gathered all the chick flicks we could find in the house, filled our plates and stuffed our faces while watching a movie.

 
 


Then came the games. We played a roll the dice game to decide which color ended up on which finger. The colors were numbered 1-6. I was the only one who ended up with the navy blue on one finger. We had to wear the polish for one day. I was allowed to take it off a little early since I was singing in the choir for conference. Toes were next. Then Olivia just kept piling more and more polish on her fingers, not just the nails.


Before
After

Then we each drew a name out of a bag and gave that girl a makeover, while we watched another movie in the Girl's Night Room. We let Mom off the hook, and had her wear a random wig, but the rest were done with care.



Kate did Natalie and Olivia. Natalie did me. Anna and Kris did each other and I did Kate. Our party ended at 12:17am. It went fast and was really fun. I couldn't quite get to sleep until 1:00am. It could be because some kids opted to sleep in my bed or room. Grammy did go home to sleep in her own bed. What I want to know is if anyone has any ideas for next time. I'm really not that creative. I'm all about the food.




13 comments:

Kim said...

What a fun idea! You are all so beautiful. I would add a late night visit to a restaurant get an ice cream or dessert while in jammies!

Wammack Family said...

You're such a fun mom! That looks like a great night. I can't wait until my girls are old enough for "girl's night out".

As for ideas...there's always truth or dare, you could really get you kids to spill the beans there.

Kendee said...

Awwww that looks like so much fun! a little more exciting then the "party" kate and i had earlier that day! "] ha ha!

Travis and Megan Liston said...

You are the party girl! I only wish I could've been there. I always have a good time with you and your awesome family. Seriously, very impressive!
-Megan

Jessie said...

Looks like you guys had tons of fun! And WOW...your food looks absolutely delish! I love the nail polish idea!!!

The Freed Family said...

I love the father and son because I am pretty much left with an empty house.....that is not the case for you. You have enough for a whole party!!!

Katelyn said...

That was a fun, fun night! I was way tired though from all of the nights before I had stayed up studying for fianls so it was fun to lay back and relax! You made it SO FUN

Tessa Egan said...

Wow! You are fun! I hope I can be like you, you'll have to give me some good ideas.

Rachel said...

That looks so fun. Probably the most fun girls' night I've ever heard of. I love parties that are all about the food.

Rachel said...

Also, could I get your email address so I can send you an invite to our family blog?

Amberly said...

How fun!! I love it!! I need to do stuff like that with my girls when they get a little older.

Jenny said...

What a fun night...Elliotte and I were a bit more tame, I guess when there's just two of us for girls night out we're not as exciting.

Jill Jones said...

Always super mom! :)
I hope I get to go to Martin's Cove one day!