Friday, May 27, 2016

Second Chances Prom including the Day Date!

Every year I keep being surprised that Jeff remembers to ask me to this. It is not because he is looking for a creative date, or that he loves to dance.  It is because he knows that I love to dance and so he makes it really special.  So he asked me in a really creative way.  He found every stuffed animal in our house and covered the bed with them.  Then kids were hiding in the stuffed animals,so I wouldn't see them.  Then he had a sign that said, "We have had our eyes on you, etc." 


My whole high school life, I always dreamed of being asked in a creative way like my Utah cousins.  If I had ever tried to be creative in my high school I would have pretty much been laughed at.  Although I dreamed of it, I have to admit that I am not creative about that kind of thing.  So I  did the best I could and Jeff accepted  my mediocre attempt.  Now that I think of it, it was probably a good thing that I  didn't have to do it in high school.

The first part of our date was a day date.  Jeff planned a double with our friends and the boys gathered some neighborhood long boards.  Thanks neighbors! They took us to our favorite spot.  We've only done it twice.Haha.  Also we kind of had to be discreet, so we didn't run into anyone we know.  One of our children might be embarrassed, I won't name any names.  I have to tell you though, it is so fun.  I hope everyone gives it a try once.






The boys also planned a little picnic snack.  It was a great date, until the storm came.  Luckily we were close to the car.




During dinner Jess  mentioned that she was wearing an old dress she wore to a dance with Kevin. 
I was planning on wearing a church dress, but at the last minute decided to try on one of my kids old prom dresses.  Yes it was tight on the waist.
It was a great night of fun and dancing.  My husband is so good to me.

No comments: