Thursday, January 15, 2015

What Parents Go Through For There Children

This year Olivia did a report on an endangered species.  She chose the Blue Macaw.  It is a beautiful bird and I have to say our family knows a lot about it now.  So, she had to do a model or a costume.  Olivia opted for the costume.  I thought it would be a cinch to find a royal blue sweat suit with a hood.  
The hoodie was key because we had to put the eyes on it.  What I discovered is that royal blue is not in style at this time unless you are BYU or Boise State, and I wasn't interested in the logo.  So after checking every store in town, I finally I resorted to ordering online. We were set. Or so we thought. 
So the night before the presentation, we were scrambling to come up with something because the sweat suit had not come.  It was too late to find something.  She would have to wear her navy blue charter clothes instead.  Jeff helped her with a cardboard beak , cardboard wings with crepe paper on them, and a crepe paper tail.  We colored a parrot stuffed animal blue with markers and put some fake feathers on it.
I can't remember what time the unveiling was for the parents and the school, but at 10:00am the blue sweat suit showed up.  I ran it over to Olivia and she got it on just in time.  When I saw her with her costume flapping those wings as happy as a lark,or blue macaw, it was such a relief. It is crazy what parents go through for there children.
 


1 comment:

The Stokers said...

I am cracking up. Thank you for your devotion to your children. :)