Monday, May 12, 2014

Ukelele = Happiness

When Kristen was in 5th grade she bought her first ukelele and it was kelly green.  She still uses it, but when Anna got this nice one, Kristen really loved playing it. She has enjoyed it from the beginning. In Kristen's own words," It's a stress reliever, it's easy and  you don't have to think about it, you can just sing."  Sitting on her favorite couch helps.     

When Kristen was in 6th grade at White Pine Charter School she decided to run for Historian.  She chose it because she thought the least amount of people would do it.  It was for the middle school which was 6th, 7th and 8th. There ended up being 6 kids that ran because they didn't have primaries. The signs she put up were pretty cute, but the part that won the race was this song/speech.She had a speech that went to the song "I'm Yours," by Jason Mraz.  I'm Kristen Jones as you probably Know-ow.  So listen to my song before you go-o.  I'll sing a few words of mine.  Sit back, it will be just fi-i-ine. I guess what I'll be sayin' is there ain't no better season to vote for Kristen Jones as the school historian.  It's what I hope you'll do.  As you listen to this tune.  So please don't he-si-tate to pick my name you won't re-gret I'm sure.  There's no need to con-tem-plate the choice is clear vote Kri-sten Jones I'm Yours.


No comments: