Monday, March 31, 2014

January and February Madness

Well, this winter Natalie decided to try basketball for the first time.  Her experience included Lightning for Family Night and playing around at the church every once in a while. The first game was pretty disheartening for the girls because no one on her team had ever played.  The team they played had been playing together twice a year for a few years.  I think they thought that the other teams would be more like them.  Natalie did get MVP with one basket which was the only basket.  AS they progressed they got better every game. I think their high score was 18.  They almost won their last game, but I can't tell you how much they improved.  I'm not trying to be nice, they became aggressive and defensively knew what to do.  They rebounded and most of them became better shooters.  I was able to work with them on defense and rebounding.  I was so proud of them.  There coach was my friend Cheri Weimer.  It was a great season!









No comments: