Saturday, November 23, 2013

Decorating for Halloween.


Our Halloween tradition for decorating is done on the first monday of October.  So I decided to make some popcorn balls and wondered if I knew how to make them anymore.  They were good but falling apart.  Then we pull out the vampire portraits to display.  These date back many years to a day when Kate decided to take pictures of everyone dresses like a vampire, makeup and all.  So, in case anyone is like, "Why did they do that?"  We have fond memories of dressing up and pulling them out every October.  The witch cut out is all the way back to my Elementary teaching days. 

 This year we used a lot of cobwebs and it was really fun.  It is a pretty cheap way to decorate and requires you to refrain from dusting.  Perrrfect!  Then the homemade spiders top off the magic.  Ok it's not that magical, but to a kid tradition does make you happy.  Our little hunchback is our favorite guy.  I painted it with a lot of help from my friend Tracy and it was worth the hours.  We call him Frankie. I guess he reminds us of Frankenstein.


No comments: