Monday, November 14, 2011

First Letter


Anna got her first letter in Cross country.  So when she started out this year she thought "Hm, I need some excercise to stay in shape for track.  I think I'll try cross country."  She ran my first race in Pocatello and it was the most terrible thing ever because it is all hills.  After that race she figured out that you got cirlce of 8 shirtif you were one f the top 8 runners.  So she said to her friend Ashton,"Lets try to get in the circle of eight by the end of the year." And she said."Ok."  After about 2 or 3 more races she surprised everyone with winning first in the JV race at Rigby Lake and earning the 8th spot in the Circle of Eight.   She said of that race., "That was the greatest race of all time because no one expected me to do well."  Then she got on Varstity in the TigerGrizz Invitational.  Then she went  went to Bob Furman and I thought, Kay, I want to get a state sweatshirt."  Then she worked really hard went to state 5th place.  At state she and contributed to the  team score and they placed second overall at .  Needless to say it was a surprising and great year for cross country.










No comments: