Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pioneer Day

In the Spring I was called to be the Activities Chairman.  I have to admit that I did have this calling once before in my single BYU Days, but I was surprised and pleased to get it again.  The thing that surprised me the most, was how helpful ward members were at every activity.  So the Pioneer activity was originally going only be a parade with donuts.  Kind of a quick morning activity, because people have things to do.  Well the primary volunteered to do like 8 or maybe 10 small activities for the kids as well.  We had homemade ice cream, stick pull, tug of war, relays, kettle corn, etc.  It was so fun. So, this activity turned out a lot better than I planned because of them.  The parade went around the parking lot led by the Harts and primary music.  The Bishop and Brother Sondrup led the parade on decorated bikes and it was still a short activity.  The primary presidency is Julie A., Joy T., Karla C., and Christy M.  My committee was Erin R., Jeana C., Talitha J., and Dale and Christy C.  They are awesome. 











No comments: