Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Why?

I am getting a hair cut on Monday and have been trying to decide what to do. Should I go short like the cute A-line bob or just do a long cut? This has been a dilemma because I am the laziest hair person I know. I have always had naturally curly hair, so before the straightener, my hair never quite went right. I also have this bump in my hair that is very hard to get rid of. So with the lazy hair/weird curls combo I have to be careful. Also I love a pony tail. I basically wear a ponytail holder as a bracelet or ring at all times. You never know when you're going to need it. My mother and sister always tell me that I need to cut my hair to my chin. I have tried it a few times, but my husband loves long hair. He doesn't care what I do, just secretly hopes for long. I am one of those people who needs their hair. The other thing is if I cut it short do I have to do it every day and how long will it take? Right when I was leaning towards maybe short, I saw these pictures and remembered how long it takes a girl like me to recover from a bad hair cut. First the Pixie in first grade, how could they let me out. It took about 3 years to grow out.
  
Third Grade
Who knows what the 6th grade picture was. Was I trying to feather my hair. Maybe combing would help. At least I had that cool butterfly necklace.
Oh I remember I tried Dorothy Hamill, the Olympic ice skaters in 5th. It didn't work out. Then I finally pulled it together by 7th.  
Then I had to be Lady Diana. Why didn't anyone tell me or stop me. 
By my Senior year I had barely grown it enough to look like a country singer in my Senior Picture.
I have kept it long since until 2002 when I cut it to my chin, I can't go any shorter as you can see. I even have worse pictures that didn't make it on the blog. So, this jog down memory lane just scares me into keeping it long, I might change my mind by Monday.

13 comments:

Jenny said...

You know you're beautiful...but I hear you on the hair! I just cut mine into a bob, with bangs...not loving it so much, but I get compliments on it; it does take more time. I used to love pulling my hair back, but now thanks to going grey, I can't do that, cause my grey is really strong on my temples and I just can't go there yet. Sigh. I just wish there was a magic wand for hair! Can't wait to see what you decide.

Wammack Family said...

Those pictures are AWESOME!

I hate doing hair as well, I always vote to keep it long enough to pull it back, or short enough that it won't get in the way.

Jill Jones said...

You look beautiful no matter what! I really mean it. You have that inner beauty glow. I'm not a hair person either. I chop it off, then don't even look at a salon for 2 years till it's so long it's getting caught in things, then repeat.

Anonymous said...

Your senior picture is gorgeous and you did look like Di in one of your pics. Loved the photos!

I do not like going to the salon. I am a very low maintenance hair girl. I keep it long because it is way easier to do and I look ridiculous with short hair.

I do like short styles. I just can't get away them.

Kim said...

For the first time in like 30 years, I'm happy w/my hair. I grew it out long and just have some nice layers. I think the layering is the key. Good luck!

The Freed Family said...

You are brave posting all those old photos. I don't dare post mine. I LOVE your long hair. I'd keep it long while you can. It is funny that everyone thinks that short hard is harder to do....I think that long hair is more work and harder. Mitch wishes I would grow mine out, but I am off to get it cut on Friday!

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kendee said...

I looooove short hair! i think you look great with long hair, but short hair would look awesome too! i think like the length you had in that gorgeous senior picture, and the 2002 picture would look great! either way! ha ha! but i vote short!

-sorry about the comment that got deleted, that was an accident ha ha!

Rebecca said...

I think that you look great with long hair and nobody will tell you this but short hair does take longer to do in the morning. With long hair all you have to do it blow dry it. With short hair you have to round brush it for volume and then straighten it. If you don't want to spend too much time, I vote that you keep it long! I love the pictures!

Amberly said...

I like your long hair. I would have long hair if I didn't look so silly when it is long. My vote is keep it long!

Tessa Egan said...

I hear you on the hair dilemma. Whenever I cut mine shorter, I always HAVE to fix it or it looks terrible. But if it is a little longer, it is so much easier. I love ponytails too, and I always wear a ponytail holder bracelet too. You would look great either way...but I am partial to a mid-long look.

Tina said...

I have to disagre aboutshort hair taking longer. I think it takes me about 3 minutes to dry and style mine.
I do miss my long hair though...back when Tyler was a baby...

Lisa said...

I wish I could help with the hair, but I need help myself!! I love your 2002 picture. You will look great no matter what! If you are stuggling though I would suggest not going too short, maybe just a little past the shoulders. Can't wait to see what you get.