Monday, March 16, 2009

Sleeping Quirks

The other night I was cleaning the kitchen hoping Olivia was asleep and thought I better check on her. She wasn't in her bed, in her closet or under her bed. I had a little panic and started searching other people's beds that she might have sneaked into. There she was in the game closet fast asleep. Now this may seem strange, but it's not for Olivia. First of all the game closet is also the blanket closet, so it's nice and soft, and she loves to sleep in her own closet better than her bed. I think she likes how enclosed it feels like her crib, that we put away. Last night I was putting her to bed and said, "Where do you want to sleep and she said "Coset." We leave it open, but she packs it with blankets her pillow,books and toys. It's a joke how packed it can get. Besides Natalie and her tent, I've only had one other kid with sleeping quirks, I guess two. Anna on many occasions would fall asleep with books on her face. Katelyn has never required a lot of sleep, so her's is trying to get to sleep before 11:00pm.
 I wanted to include this picture of Natalie's new dress because I bought the fabric last spring when I was feeling inspired while shopping with Melinda. She has a way a making you think you can sew. Jeff's mom ended up sewing  it for me.

7 comments:

Amberly said...

That picture of Olivia is priceless! And I love Natalie's dress!!

Anonymous said...

Kenni sleep walks and it FREAKS me out!

Love the dress!

Jenny said...

Don't quirks make life more fun? I love the little hints of personality.

Wammack Family said...

Annika has had the weirdest sleep quirks. For about six months she slept on the floor in front of the door, it was a pain when you needed to get into the room.

Bella also loves to sleep in the oddest positions, I can't imagine she is comfy, but she sleeps great, so what do I know.

That is a beautiful dress.

Anonymous said...

My kids don't have sleep quirks, but when I would surround myself with stuffed animals then have my mom tuck my covers as tight as possible just so I could sleep! This used to help with my nightmares, which by the way I still have!

Anonymous said...

I mean to say when I was little...oops!

Jill Jones said...

I had sleep quirks myself when younger. That dress is beautiful!