Monday, March 9, 2009

First Talk


Yesterday Natalie gave her first talk. She decided to do it on Daniel and the Lion's Den. I went over the story with her several times, probably with too many details. Finally Sunday morning I had her tell it to me. It was pretty close, so we went with her version. I did go up and hold the picture and was ready to help if she froze. I have had talks back fire before and ended up giving the talk myself when a child refuses to speak because they might die. That's when I realized that when you thought you couldn't be embarrassed any more you could when you least expect it. Back to the talk. Natalie told it like this: "There's Daniel and he prayed to God three times a day. and the king made his own law and that he can't pray except to him. Bad guys saw him praying. So, they put him in the lion's den and the king was sad and Daniel kept praying and then God sent angels and then to close the mouth of the lions and the bad guys were put in the lion's den and the king told everybody that Daniel's God was the true God and I know that we should pray.
The best part was when she came home from church she said," Mom, M said, "That was a really good talk. Can I borrow it for when I give a talk. " Then the other kids. " Yeah can I borrow it, yeah me too. I want to do that for all my talks." So according to her they all wanted to borrow it. I'm still not quite sure why they liked it so much , but I could tell she was so pleased. Then to top it off her teacher told her she had a cute dress. Basically Natalie had a great time at church.

2 comments:

Amberly said...

She was precious! I loved the bad guys part. Every kid loves a story about bad guys!

Jenny said...

How sweet. Isn't it great to watch our kids grow in the gospel. Whenever I talk I always hope for a cute dress too, so she got it all! :)