Saturday, November 8, 2008

Natalie


What's in a Name?

Natalie has been one of my favorite names for years. It began when I was watching "Condorman," a goofy superhero movie that my siblings and I loved, with Michael Crawford before Phantom. The love interest was named Natalia. I loved that name ever since. It fits someone beautiful, smart and tough. I realized that Natalie sounded a little more American, so it became one of my favorites. I never really felt like it was the right name for my first three daughters. When my fourth daughter came along, I had decided that if she had brown hair, I'd name her Natalie. If she had blond she would be Emily. When she was born with a full head of blond hair and blue eyes, I just couldn't name her Emily. So, our beautiful, smart, tough sweety pie is named Natalie, Natalia, Natter Batter, Nat, Nalley.

She was my baby when I got sick and was meant for that time. Many people took care of her and commented on how unreal she acted for a baby. She really didn't make a peep and was so content and happy. She was a charmer as a baby. She still definitely has charm and wit. She is funny, fun and has a sweet smile. I don't remember her ever wanting to be a princess. She insists on being cute and not pretty. The beads on her sleeves were her idea. It is necklaces wrapped around her wrists. She knows how she wants to look and we try not to argue. This picture is not a choice in the poll because it is too blurry when enlarged.                                                                          

                                                                                 


5 comments:

JulieJ said...

You and Jeff have beautiful children. Maybe if you had more boys you would have more brown-haired children. I've enjoyed reading about your kids.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I love B. Oh, and I Matalie!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

That was supposed to say I LOVE Matalie - but I am too tired to type.

Jill Jones said...

I like d. Your kids are beautiful.

Jenny said...

She is looking so old! When did that happen? She is going to be just as beautiful as her older sisters!