Friday, November 21, 2008

Farewell For Now!

Ok, now I have only been blogging for a few weeks, so why am I worried about leaving without telling. I know you can live without reading about me, but can I live without reading about you. We are going to a place called Dos Palos (Two Sticks). Try to say it with a hispanic accent. It is the place I grew up and the Garden of Eden thanks to my Mom planting, it's gotta be hundreds of trees. This remote little town of 4,000 people, I'm sure has the internet, but my parents can't get in on their property. It's really probably good, but as a result I will not be posting or reading your cute, entertaining, and funny posts. I will return on the 29th, and then scramble to get ready for Katelyn's 14th birthday on the 1st of December. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I am not going to quit, forget or lose interest in blogging at this time, no promises for the future. I am just plain gone and on an island of farm land in the middle of California hanging out with my parents, brothers Sam, Charlie and his wife Megan and baby Abby, and my sister Megan, her husband Travis and three kids. I hope a few neices and nephews show. I can't wait to be on a trip. Really I am so excited even though we are leaving at 2:00am Sat morning. The best part is talking to my husband for hours with abook on tape, movie, or whiny kids in the background. Jeff is an excellent companion on a trip and a blast to boot. Well, farewell and try not to say anything too funny without me.

4 comments:

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Okay - gonna miss ya!!! Enjoy the family!!!

Jill Jones said...

Oh Mary that sounds like so much fun!!!! We'll miss you!!!!

Rachel said...

I'm so jealous! I wish I was one of the nieces to go! Hope you get plenty of pomegranates.

Jenny said...

Have a wonderful trip (even though by the time you read this, it will be past tense!) I'll try to keep my blog boring and dry, just so you don't miss anything!