Monday, November 10, 2008

My Namesake

My Namesake.

When I was expecting my fourth girl we were playing the name game as usual and Jeff suggested my name. At first I felt a little weird, like "Are you sure?" He really wanted to, so when Kristen was born, Kristen Mary Jones was her name only she goes by Kristen. When I was born my first pictures referred to me as Kristen, which my parents don't remember. They claimed at one time that they always wanted Mary, but didn't want it to sound like Merry Christmas so Kristen Mary it was. They don't remember telling me this either. My whole life I secretly wanted to go by Kristen because Mary so common. As it goes, my whole life up until College I only met one other Mary and finally decided that I liked my name.

I want to tell you about the two Kristen Mary's by comparing our similarities. First of all we were both born on the 21st. I am in October and she is in February. We are both talkative according to Kyle. I know it is hard to believe , but I used to be shy. Kristen has never been shy. We are both dare devils. Before I had kids, I was pretty much game for anything. We are both prone to scrapes, cuts and scratches. If you could see my legs, you'd cry. On my mission an Elder said that my hands looked like I put them in a blender. I frequently cut my hands in the kitchen. I have accepted it. When we went to Disneyland last year Kristen got a carpet burn on her face while waiting to leave. Pictures are almost impossible because she's most prone to scratches on her face. Even in these pictures we had to use make up because she hit the pavement at school. A few months ago she fell in the window well and got the other scar on her forehead. We are both athletic and like to dance. My favorite way that we are alike is that we are both communicators. She loves to tell how she feels, which is nice because we all know what's going on. If you ever call our house, hope Kristen answers because she is so friendly and fun to talk to. She's a good girl, very fun and a great companion.                                                                              

                                                                                










5 comments:

Mary said...

Mary JONES!!!! So glad I commented on Heather's blog right after you so I could find your great blog!

How are you? It's been WAY too long since I've seen you.

My blog is private, but if you'd like an invite email me at marybrunson@gmail.com.

And hello - your pictures are amazing. Helps that you have such cute kids, but I've always loved your photography skills. Good work!

MeganandClaudy said...

your kids are SOOO CUTE! I'm so glad you found me here on the wonderful world of blogging! I hope you are doing so great. I just love the frame you gave us! It's in our house, and it's such ag good reminder to read all of the time!

Tina said...

I like Nat's first picture, but I don't think it's a choice ;)

Jenny said...

What a great kid, I love Kristen, she has such a warm, acceptable quality about her. You guys really have a great family.

ethan said...

hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!