Monday, May 25, 2009

Something Funny is Going on in our Neighborhood.


The other day Jeff and I were sitting on the couch relaxing after Jeff had come home from work. I looked out my window and couldn't believe what I saw. Three little girls(not my children), were jumping on the tramp, each with a snake in their hands. It was as if they were holding a kitten, minus the fur and they were long and skinnny. I though "What is going on in our neighborhood?" I had to laugh because I know that Kyle has been catching snakes all week and has been sharing them with the neighborhood. If you feel left out please contact me. So I'm pretty sure that the parents in the neighbor hood are mad at the Jones. How do you stop this kid? He eats, sleeps and breathes snakes. You probably didn't realize that we could possible have that many snakes in the neighborhood. If you are wondering, they are non-poisonous water snakes and after playing with them for a few days, and storing them in a bucket outside, most were returned to the ditch/canal. For your information Kyle caught 12 snakes last week. What can I say, when you have one boy in a house of 5 girls I'd rather have him playing outside with his snakes than watching Barbie movies. He also loves to collect bugs. He has influenced Kristen and Natalie to not fear bugs or snakes hence the picture of Kristen with the snake around her neck. You may voice your complaints if you must.



10 comments:

Tina said...

Carson will be so jealous! He has been asking me what we can plant that will attract the snakes...

Kim said...

That's awesome! I had a snake and I met my husband at the pet shop that I bought feeder mice at. See, snakes are good!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's awful!! Keep those slithering little crazies on your side of the tracks!!

The Freed Family said...

Oh my gosh....that is so gross. Your kids are crazy. Snakes scare me. I get mad at Garrett when he picks up a worm. :)

JulieJ said...

Ok that is giving me the heebie jeebies! I know we are close to the canal but all of those fences are keeping us safe. I will just keep tellig myself that.

Wammack Family said...

Sometimes I wonder if I really want a son :) I really don't like snakes.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Hailey, Abbie and Cierra were playing with them at the canal with your girls, (shudder) Yuck!!! I told Kristin I appreciated her leaving the snake at the canal. I have had them crawling through the yard while mowing the lawn and it make me scream every time!!!

Amberly said...

Tyler said he saw Kristen carrying a snake around. If one of those ends up in my house I will have a heart attack!

Jenny said...

I'm officially freaked out. I think this is the first time in my life that I'm grateful we're not neighbors. Yuck! Do you think it possible that during the family reunion we won't see any of his slithering friends? :)

Anderton Family said...

I think I'd rather my boys watch Barbie movies!