Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day


We have a tradition at Memorial Day to go to a Memorial Service. They take place all over the city starting at 7:00am, 8:00am, etc. Well at 9:00am we went to Rose Hill Cemetary to attend the service. At the end of the service they do the 21 gun salute. Our friend and neighbor Lyle Moss is a Veteren and has been a part of the salute for years. He passed away recently and we really missed seeing him. I know his family misses him deeply as well. Surprisingly, my children really enjoy this tradition. Even though we don't have any family graves to visit, we do know a few people and they like to read about people they don't know. We also always have donuts after since it is breakfast time.

 
 
After the service we decided to go to Jackson Hole Wyoming for the day. They have a new activity center swimming pool that we had heard of and was very reasonably priced. On our way to Jackson, we stopped at this waterfall that Jeff discovered a few months ago. If you know the name of this place please let me know. It was so beautiful. I would not recommend it for small children, but our big kids could have stayed a while. We really had to gaurd Olivia and Natalie. I realized that it was the same waterfall that we floated by when we did our float for
Adventure camp. It is on the Snake River after or before the Reservoir. We climbed in the caves and it was awesome. Our children only climbed down a little, but we were wondering if their was a safe way down. If you know what I'm talking about I would really like some more details.






















The Activity Center Swimming area ended up having two water slides and various other fun activities for the kids. It was totally worth it. Sorry, no swimming suit pictures. Then we went to a few shops in Jackson. It was a great day.

5 comments:

Jill Jones said...

Those are some pretty pictures! What a fun day of memoried for your kids!

Travis and Megan Liston said...

Very fun! We went to a Memorial service at our cemetary and they had planes fly over a few times, and the gun salute. It was very cool. C'mon Mary, put one or two songs of Adam's on your playlist for me:) I youtubed him singing at his HS graduation ceremony. He looks very different. I know, it's time to move on:) -Megan

Jenny said...

What a great tradition. I love the pictures of the family; we're getting so excited to see you all!

The Freed Family said...

So was the rec center pool still entertaining for your big kids? My kids are dying to go back there.

Edwards Family said...

I believe this is Fall Creek if this picture was taken in the Swan Valley area. By the way I love your picture and for all resons my heart has been touched again. Thanks Mary for sharing. Steph