Thursday, May 21, 2009

Oh the Dread..


Ok, today I was planning on having Olivia's picture taken to preserve the last of her wild hair days. Well my friend/photographer had a sick child. Normally I'd just not worry about it, but then I realized Olivia doesn't have a scratch, bruise or permanent marker on her face and she currently doesn't have a runny nose. It's a gorgeous day with no wind, I gotta do it. Now Olivia is a trick. Every time she sees the camera, she puts her head down or turns the other way. I had already told the kids that we were taking pictures and had bribed them with ice cream afterwards. So we began and walked around the neighborhood to find the best shade. After the initial pictures, I just followed Olivia as she picked dandelions. Then we ended in my house. Now this was not as bad as I had expected. I think it was because we had set aside a time to do it with a goal and zero expectations. I literally hoped for one good one of Olivia.
Oh the dread was not so bad. I love to take pictures, but don't know many people who like to have them taken. What is the deal? I mean you do have to get dressed up, or at least comb your hair, then do that 5 more times with children. Then people can't fight or argue and have to stand still. Then the photographer usually pushes it to get just one more picture. You feel weird, and fear you'll possible look weird when you're done, and what if you look weird and have to send it to 50 people in your Christmas card. Your kids never cooperate. The parents are usually completely stressed out the whole time and it happens to affect the kids. I mean ,who wouldn't want their picture taken?


 



11 comments:

Wammack Family said...

Those are great photos. Way to go!

Rachel said...

Those are awesome photos! I love Olivia's hair. Those are some gorgeous curly locks.

Tina said...

I still want to do them!
But I sincerely doubt you would have wanted her exposed...it's nasty :)

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are beautiful!

Amberly said...

Those pictures are great!! Your girls are so pretty, and you take great pictures. I have to laugh about how parents feel when they are trying to get pictures taken. It is very very true!

Travis and Megan Liston said...

Wow! Beautiful!

Ashlee said...

Mary! I'm so glad Christina found your blog! Your girls are GORGEOUS!You did a great job with the picture taking! Send me your email and I'll invite you to my blog....it's nothing special and I'm really bad at updating, but I have one:)! Take care!

Jenny said...

So cute! I love the pictures, of course you know the girls are beautiful. I love getting my picture taken, so when we come to visit I'll pose all day for you! :)

Katelyn said...

Way to go MOM! They look so good and perfect. You're an amazing photographer! Love YA!

Jessie said...

Wow!!! Those pictures are absolutely amazing!

Christina said...

Super photography! That's one thing I wish I could do well. And I can't believe how BEAUTIFUL your girls are. I'm talking future beauty queens here!! Watch out! Maybe your son should take a liking to guns along with those bugs and snakes. You're going to need a few of them around.