Monday, February 16, 2009

I Love my Seasons


Today I walked into JoAnn's fabric with the goal of finding a cute pattern and fabric for Kristen's baptismal dress. My mother-in-law is the expert seamstress in the family and had a 50% of coupon for the fabric. While we perused all the white fabric that they had to offer, I couldn't resist the spring easter egg colored fabric. I ended up buying some easter egg green fabric for Natalie and Olivia. There was a day when I sewed matching dresses for Kate and Anna partly to save money and two cute girls in matching dresses is hard to beat. After a while that fabric can get old after a child wears theirs and then the hand-me-down sister's as well. I had to do it anyway. Last year I got the spring fever too and never sewed the dresses. Jeff's mom ended up making the dresses for the girls. So hear I go again.

 There is nothing like a little opposition in all things (long, cold winter) to help you appreciate the Spring. Last week Jeff's mom also surprised us with bright green and yellow, daffodils. I couldn't help but smile. It's not that I need spring to be hear now, I just love my seasons. Right when you are about to be sick of white and grey, tulip bulbs pop up, and green shows hear and there. Then when you're really sick of the rain, the sun comes out and kids can play outside. Then when you're sick of mowing your lawn and running like crazy, it cools and leaves start to turn and you think of Halloween costumes. Then Fall does get cut a little short, but you gotta have a white Christmas. So, I can't really decide which one I like best. Whichever one is next is the one I want next. I wouldn't want Summer now or Fall, just Spring. Besides the Mini cadberry eggs only come out in the Spring. What more could you ask for.

8 comments:

JulieJ said...

Amen to seasons! Just seeing yellow Spring Oreos make me happy. My sister lives in Phoenix and I think it would be really hard for me not to have seasons.
I don't know if you got my message that my new blog address is
www.dreamingofbeaches.blogspot.com

The Freed Family said...

Mini Cadbury Eggs are Mitch's favorite! I am excited to be getting Kristen in Achievement Days. I keep forgetting to talk with you about the calendar and Mother-Daughter invite that the girls and I dropped off a couple of weeks ago.

Anonymous said...

I lived in Arizona for a year and it really made me appreciate the seasons. I really missed them. I look forward to them all. I wish winter was the shortest, though.

Anonymous said...

Just for the record, I agree with Jana. I wouldn't mind a shorter winter.

Tina said...

I think after last year's never ending winter and two minute spring we need spring to last a little longer and maybe start a little earlier this year. I would love to wear capris to a baseball game this year! Last year there were only two games we didn't wear parkas.

Kendee said...

awwww look how cute Katie and Anna were!! :)

Amberly said...

Mary, look at you all spring fevered!! That picture of your girls is precious!

Jenny said...

I LOVE spring, so I guess its good I live in the Seattle area, where its spring like year round!