Friday, February 20, 2009

C'mon Admit it. Don't We All Want to Be a Princess.

The other day I was babysitting our neighbor R. She and Natalie pretended to be princesses all day. I mean literally from 8:00am to 5:00pm. It was funny to eaves drop as they pretended to get invited to a ball. I heard the knock on the door and the excitement of receiving an invitation to the funnest ball in the world. Then it was the hugest ball in the world. What would it really be like to go to a ball. I have to admit, I'd like to know. Then later on that day I was talking to my sister about the Twilight phenomenon and she mentioned that the reason so many people love it is because it's a Cinderella story with a twist ( a vampire). Who wouldn't secretly love to find out that they were the one the prince wanted. I know I have my prince, but it would have been fun to have met him at a ball, when he saw me across the room and out of all the girls he chose me. Actually, when he saw me washing my windows at my apartment complex, he knew out of all the girls in the ward and Park Plaza apartments. I was the one.


7 comments:

Amberly said...

I think all of us had dreams of being a princess when we were kids. I love to listen to my girls talk about being a princess and how beautiful they are. They like to tell me I was a princess on my wedding day and that Daddy is my prince. Those pictures of the girls are too cute!

PS I got my blogged changed over, it is tylerandamberly.blogspot.com

Tina said...

The only ball stories I ahve revolve around sports and start with basket, foot, soccer and base...although I would love to look like a princess :)
I will have to tell you about our bedtime dtory sometime...part of it is on my blog.

Jenny said...

Um, you mean I really won't grow up and be a princess? When did that law pass?
I've always dreamed of being a princess, love the idea of being royalty...bossing people around, getting my way...:)

No really, I love that I'm treated like a queen, but I still hope/dream of someday being invited to a real ball.

Jill Jones said...

We ARE all Princess's! As daughters of our Heavenly Father. But yes, it would be intersting to go to a real ball.... Maybe you should throw one!

Anonymous said...

I was raised with four brothers who didn't allow me to have those kinds of thoughts and I hate wearing dresses. So, I may be the only girl who never wanted to be a Princess. But, Dave does treat me like Queen.

Julie Ann said...

What beautiful princesses. Thanks so much for watching Rachel. I am glad they have each other for their imaginary play. It's hard to see them grow up so quick.

Sarah Katherine said...

Okay Mary,
I've been thinking....
I'd rather be a servant in the palace and catch the eye of the gardener and secretly meet outside of the ballroom window and dance the night away. No attention - lots of romance! :)

*love the pictures