Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I am Buying a Horse!





Sunday morning Natalie proclaimed that she was going to buy a horse. Now I tried not to dash her hopes because you never know by some slim chance she might save her money for the next 20 years and buy a horse. Then on the other hand this could be a whim, so we said," OK."Her first plan was to find some gold. I think she got this idea because Jeff's Dad told us a story of a guy who found a big nougat in the desert with his metal detector. So, there could be gold in our back yard. " Hey isn't that a gold necklace you have on Mom. Could I have it?" During sacrament meeting she drew a picture of her next idea. It was a yard sale. She said, "I needed to draw a picture of this so I don't forget to do it." I told her that I couldn't help her this week because it is the play. Speaking of the play, it is Thursday the 22nd and your kids would love it. It's at White Pine Charter School at 6:00pm and 7:15pm if anyone was wondering.
So today she asked me if she could do it. She gathered 4 items that were of value to her and sold them on the corner in about 30 minutes. I was very surprised, I think kids were just wanting to buy because it was there. Some gave her the item back after buying and said keep the change. Kids are funny. So $2.50 later and with the $1.50 that Kris gave her, we are well on our way. We have all been trying to tempt her to go for something a little less expensive like a hermit crab with a horse on the shell, but so far she's still buying a horse.

5 comments:

Tina said...

I've been trying to buy her a horse since I was 11. I saw her little stand outside and wondered if it was lemonade :) You do have to love and enterprising girl :) And she totally looks like Kyle in this picture :)

Edwards Family said...

Your blog makes me smile. You have a beautiful family. :0)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

SWEET! Can I come ride it? When are you getting it? What is the horses name? Are you going to race it? Is it a boy horse or a girl one? Where is it going to live? Is it going to sleep in Natalie's bedroom? I CAN'T WAIT!!! And I will see you at the plays tonight!

Jenny said...

Would she go for a play horse? So sweet!

Amberly said...

I love her ambition. I also love that she knocked on our door 45 times so we could come to her yard sale!