Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Football Season is Over

Football season, how do those words make you feel? In the past football season meant life was exciting again. Growing up in California, Fall was just nice weather compared to the blazing hot summers. Hot chocolate, corn chips in a bag with chile on top, cheering "Push em back, push em back way back."Most football games I went to I cheered for, except my Freshman year where I sat in the stands cheering with my friends. Over the years I have decided that I don't really like to watch football unless I know the players. It's as simple as that. So, I finally know the players again on this little 6th grade Sandcreek team. Kyle Jones is my favorite player of course. Now since you can't tell who anyone is I tried to get shots that at least showed his name. Kyle started playing flag football in 4th grade and surprisingly loved it. He started because his cousin Austen loved it, so Kyle wanted to see what it was all about. Flag football was fun, but I thought for sure tackle would be the end because it hurts. The other hindrance would be that none of his best friend's moms would let them play, so he was kind of on his own. Still he persevered and absolutely loves it. I mean loves it like he was literally bummed last night that it is over, even though they practice every day for two and a half hours. They work really hard and he doesn't complain at all. So why does he feel this way you may ask? I can only guess that maybe he thinks football is the ultimate male sport or maybe because he has permission to hit and push( he plays defensive tackle) or that it's a bunch of boys grunting and sweating,or that it's just the opposite of his life filled with girls. Who knows. I've asked him and he doesn't really know why, but he loves football. He does look cute in his uniform.
 He is also a kicker.

















Here is one of Kyle's fans with a button on and all, in the freezing cold cheering for Sandcreek!


6 comments:

Kim said...

Fun when it starts and fun when it ends. Enjoy your time off.

Katelyn said...

GO KYLE!! Kyle really enjoyed that season and he gets better and more excited each year. Nice pin, you could wear mine too! well... maybe not...

Sarah Katherine said...

Looks like lots of fun!

(Thanks for the reunion photo CD)

The Freed Family said...

Garrett, loves flag football. He sarted playing it in 1st grade and absolutely loves it. It is his favorite sport so far. Today he has his last 2 games. He cannot play tackle football because he only has 1 kidney so I kind of feel bad that we even exposed him to football, knowing he can't play tackle....but Mitch insisted flag was okay and we should let him do it. We just didn't think he'd love it this much.

Abe n Linz said...

What a fun sport to have Kyle in!
Your family looks like you're always busy and on the go.

anna said...

happy birthday mom