Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Day of School

First day of school is always exciting because of all the hair I have to help with. Hairdos that last more than one day are my favorite. Kate started later than everyone else by two days. She is a Freshman and this is Freshman day.

















Annalisa is in 8th grade.

 
Kyle is in 6th, and was the only one who was not excited for school to start. Kristen is in third.

Natalie is in Kindergarten.  Olivia is 3 and is pretending to go to school.


 When I got to Natalie's class, they had us stay a while to help the kids do an assignment and put away their stuff. If I'd known, I'd have brought a camera, because I always want to record the first day of school ever. Luckily Natalie forgot to pack her folder, so I ran home to get it and the camera, and got a few pictures. She love, love, loves kindergarten, and who wouldn't songs, stories, colors, snacks and recess. I know they do more than that, but it's cloaked in all the others.


 The other thing that is so fun about kindergarten is that the teachers teach your kids songs that you may have taught to your older kids, but forgot to teach your younger kids because you forgot or are sick of them. Yesterday Natalie had to sing a new song, "One, Two, Buckle My Shoe,"which I used to floss my kids teeth to, to get them to stay still ,and she'd never heard it. Maybe we don't floss enough. Then she was assigned by her teacher to tell us, "The Billy Goats Gruff." I am so glad that they don't forget about the old songs and stories and keep them in Kindergarten. It seems like my kids all tell me the same jokes in 2nd grade as well. They should definitely keep those jokes in second grade.

5 comments:

Tina said...

Two of my favorite books when I was a kid were "Billy Goats Gruff" and "I wonder when he comes again." Thanks for reminding me :)

Kim said...

That is a lot of hair to do every morning. Are they in a charter or private school? It looks like uniforms.

Anonymous said...

They are in a Charter School.

Amberly said...

You guys are so clever! I love all your fun ideas for your kids!!

Megan and Charlie Miller said...

Man how fun! I hope they are as excited about school now as they were the first day...I said hope. ;)