Thursday, April 2, 2009

Aint No Sunshine When He's Gone.


"Aint no sunshine when he's gone." is the lyrics to a song, but it's kind of true and in Idaho it can be literal. Jeff is on a business trip in a sunny place. Now there are always pros and cons to business trips, and I do try to make the best of it, but I pretty much can't wait until tomorrow.
When we were first married I'd always go visit a sister or family member, so I could make it fun for me when Jeff had to go on a business trip. Then as the kids got bigger, I'd plan a girl's night. Once I even stayed with Jeff's parents and they live on the west side of town. Now that I have big kids, I just get my jobs done, and treat myself to a movie, popcorn and Ben and Jerry's. It has been nice to have spring break, because I can sleep in and no homework.
The good things about a business trip is that Jeff makes sure I do something fun for myself, and he gives me a surprise before he leaves. We also go easy for dinner, corn dogs, Mac and cheese, etc.
Another line of the song is, " He's always gone too long, anytime he goes away. " So as you can imagine, I'll be counting the minutes tomorrow.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how differently I cook for my family when Bill is gone! Thats actually the only thing I love about him leaving...not feeling tied to dinnertime! But absence makes the heart grow fonder...its amazing how much I miss him and realize how much I love him when he's gone. I am sure tomorrow can't come quick enough for you!

Jenny said...

I hear ya sister! BTW I LOVE that picture of you guys...have I seen that before? Your hair is gorgeous, oh wait, did you cut it off this week, if you did I'm sure its still gorgeous.

Sarah Katherine said...

You are a beautiful couple in so many ways! I love this post and since Mark was gone all last week, I can relate completely. Hooray for Friday and happy returns!


You choose such wonderful music to go with each entry. "I'm Already There" captures it.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading this post. When we were first married I didn't like staying home alone when Dave had business trips. Now I LOVE it! Isn't it funny how we change through the years.

I like my little lazy time while he is gone, but I love it more when he comes home.

Amberly said...

The last time Tyler went on a trip I cried a lot. I just don't like it when he is gone. Cute picture of you guys!

Tina said...

Cute pic, Mary ;)
I mostly love it when Jeff is gone. I get time to myself, no guilt and honestly, I love the bed to myself.
However, I cry if he takes all of the boys because I am a freakish paranoid person who's whole family could be injured in a mishap...until I hear from him, then i am fine :)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I'm throwing up a little in my mouth at all of the sap - just kidding! Actually with Ben and Jerry to keep you company I'm surprised you miss him at all! I really do feel bad for you. I don't like Brad to leave for work most days - let alone to go somewhere sunny while I am burried in snow! Hope it starts sunning soon for you!