Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Are you a Pusher or a Waiter?

We have a butler door (swinging). Before we built this house my friend Ilene suggested it, because they loved theirs. It goes from the laundryroom to the kitchen. We love it because it makes it easier to bring in groceries. Our garage door goes through the laundry room. It also hides the laundry, because it is never open. The other day Kate brought up the question are you a pusher or a waiter. I had never thought about it. I assumed that everyone, when met with resistance from another person on the other side of the butler door, backed up and waited for the other person to come through. So, we had to ask each person what they do and I was surprised with who was what. You'd think I would be a pusher and Jeff would be a waiter, but not true. The Pushers are Jeff, Katelyn and Kyle. The waiters are Me, Annalisa and Kristen. What does it say about us. I'd like to know what you think you are.

7 comments:

Jill Jones said...

Hmmm, I am definately a waiter also. That is a cool door. I wish we had one for our laundry room pass through to the garage!

Amberly said...

I am a waiter. I think Tyler is too. Our kids are pushers.

Jenny said...

I'm definately a waiter, you know that whole people pleasing thing. Do you think being a pusher has to do with being the oldest? (I know Kyle isn't the oldest, but he is the oldest boy in the family, so he is sort of an oldest...I know Kyle is the ONLY boy in the family, so maybe that makes him like an only child as well.)

Anonymous said...

My thought is that the person with the fullest hands should be the pusher. I think I would be both. If I had my hands full I think I would push through, yet if I didn't I think I would wait. I read Bill your post and he thinks he'd be a waiter (BTW he's the oldest). When I worked at a restraunt our door had a window so the person with the fullest hands got waved through.

Reeder Family said...

So cute Mary!! Loved your Christmas card!

Tina said...

Pusher. I know, it's mean, but I have stuff to get done :)
Now, I would probably be nice once in awhile and wait, but not often and someone has to keep stuff moving!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Neither. I am a SHOVER! Get the heck out of my way - oh and take this sack of groceries with you - oh! oh! oh! Leave the candy bar on top. THANKS! (Hey, I said thanks - okay?)